Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme | Application Form | PDF Download | Eligibility & Benefits | How to Apply for Mathrupoorna Yojana
The Karnataka State Government will launch the Mathrushree Pregnancy Scheme in Karnataka. Under the Mathrupoorna Yojana, the state would provide Rs. 6,000 to pregnant women via DBT. This Maternity Benefit Scheme assists low-income mothers throughout their pregnancy. Pregnant women will receive Rs. 1,000 per month for the three months preceding and following childbirth. The scheme aims to assist pregnant women by providing financial assistance as well as health care. In this post, we will discuss the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme, including its objectives, benefits, and application process.
Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
The Mathru Shree Plan was launched by the Karnataka State government on November 1 with a funding allocation of 350 crores in total. This monthly payment was steadily raised by the government and is now Rs 1,000. Families who are expecting their first two children are eligible for this programme.In addition to receiving Rs. 1,000 each month throughout the seventh, eighth, and ninth months of her pregnancy, the expecting woman will also receive Rs. 1,000 each month for the first three months following the birth of her child. The funds are directly sent into the Aadhaar-linked bank accounts of pregnant women from BPL households for the three months prior to childbirth, and into the bank accounts of nursing moms for the three months following childbirth. The Matru Poorna scheme aims to improve maternal health, which will have a positive impact on the nutritional status of mothers and their children. The price of each meal under the scheme is expected to be roughly 21 rupees (per meal). Beginning from the start of the pregnancy and continuing for up to six months after the baby is born, pregnant women would get meals for a total of fifteen months.
Highlights/Key features of Mathrupoorna Yojana
|Name of the Post||Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme|
|Launched in||Karnataka state only|
|Launched by||CM HD Kumaraswamy|
|Tentative implementation||1st November 2018|
|Beneficiaries||Pregnant women from BPL families|
Objectives of Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme – Main Purpose
The state government runs the “Matru Purna Scheme” or “Matru Poorna Scheme” throughout Karnataka for pregnant and nursing women in need of financial assistance. The Mathrupoorna Yojane is a scheme whose objective is to guarantee that pregnant women, particularly those who reside in rural areas of the state, have access to at least one healthy meal each day.
Mathrushree Scheme Benefits and Features
The following are the key features and highlights of the Mathrushree Scheme 2023:
- On November 1, the Karnataka government launched the Mathru Shree scheme with a Rs. 350 crore progressive allocation.
- Over the next five years, the government will gradually increase this monthly amount from Rs. 1,000.
- The Karnataka state government would provide Rs. 6,000 to each pregnant BPL mother.
- The Karnataka Mathrushree Yojana will remain limited to the first two infants.
- Mothers who are expecting their third child will not be eligible for this scheme.
- The Mathrushree Scheme funding will be distributed in six equal monthly payments of Rs. 6,000. 3 months before pregnancy and 3 months after pregnancy.
- On November 1, 2018, the government began implementing the Mathrupoorna Yojana.
- The government will immediately transfer the pregnancy assistance funds via DBT. DBT is cutting-edge, secure, and transparent.
Eligibility criteria for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme
The eligibility requirements for the program are listed below;
- BPL households – This scheme is only available to BPL families with government documentation.
- The new Karnataka state government will fund this initiative only for Karnatakans, i.e. permanent residents of Karnataka.
- The award is only available to the first two children. It will only be given to the first two children.
Documents required for Mathrupoorna Yojana – Important Documents
The documents needed for the application procedure in the Mathrushree Scheme are:
- Aadhaar Card or identification card.
- Mobile number or contact details.
- BPL Ration card.
- Pregnancy reports.
- The bank account information associated with the Aadhar card.
What is the application procedure for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme? – Application Procedure
A procedure that must be followed in order to apply for the Mathrushree program is shown below;
- Pay a visit to the Anganwadi Center and the ASHA or Auxiliary Nurse Midwife personnel who are located closest to the applicant.
- Beneficiaries will get assistance from these individuals in the process of filling out the scheme application form and submitting it to the Supervisor or ANM for confirmation along with the necessary documentation.