NIPUN Bharat Mission 2023 Apply, Online Application and Registration, NIPUN Bharat Mission Full Form, Guidelines, Download, Implementation Process, Guidelines PDF, Login, Benefits, Official website, Helpline Number
The most significant development for the country is the advancement in the sector of education. The Government of India adopted a new education policy to advance education in another level. For the successful implementation of the new education policy, various changes have been made in the field of education. The Indian government is making several efforts in this direction, and as a result, the Nipun Bharat Mission has been launched with the intention of educating students in the fundamentals of reading and numeracy. In this article, we will provide the details about NIPUN Bharat Mission so please continue reading this post until the end if you want to learn more.
NIPUN Bharat Mission 2023
The Ministry of Education introduced the Nipun Bharat Yojana in July 2021. The National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Comprehension and Numeracy is the full name of this mission. NIPUN Bharat Mission will foster a supportive atmosphere on how fundamental reading and numeracy information may be taught to the students. By the completion of the third grade, every child will be able to acquire reading, writing, and mathematics because of this Nipun Yojana. The Department of School Education and Literacy will carry out the yojana. Samagra Shiksha will include this NIPUN Bharat Mission educational programme for schools. Five feminine systems will be implemented to carry out this scheme throughout all the states and union territories. This five-tier structure will be run on a national, state, district, and school-level basis. The National Education Policy has been launched with the help of this programme.
Nipun Bharat Mission Highlights
|Scheme Name||NIPUN Bharat Mission|
|Scheme Type||Central government scheme|
|start date||5th July 2021|
|Objective||to provide basic learning at the fundamental levels|
NIPUN Bharat Mission Types of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
Foundational Language and Literacy
- oral language development
- phonemic awareness
- reading comprehension
- read flow
- concept about print
- culture of reading
Basic Numeracy and Maths Skills
- pre number concepts
- number and operation on number
- mathematical techniques
- Size and Spatial Society
Objective of NIPUN Bharat Mission
The Nipun Bharat Yojana’s primary goal is to help pupils acquire fundamental reading, writing and mathematics skills at the fundamental level. By the completion of the third grade in 2026–2027, the student will be able to acquire reading, writing, and mathematics. The development of children will benefit greatly from this scheme. The Department of Education and Literacy will run NIPUN Bharat. Through the Nipun Bharat Yojana, children will also be able to understand the logic of numbers, measurement and shape area.
Implementation Process of NIPUN Bharat Mission
Various objectives will be set at the state level to meet the Nipun Bharat Yojana target by 2026-27. The nodal department will keep track of the advancement of each of these objectives. In addition, the state will get financial and technical support under overall education for the execution of this programme. The states and union territories will develop schemes to meet their objectives so that the goal of achieving basic literacy and numeracy by the years 2026–2027 can be met. IT-based resources will be used at the national, state, and district levels to monitor this scheme’s actions. It will also involve field-level child surveillance. Moreover, there are two types of monitoring frameworks included in this approach. This includes ongoing monitoring and a yearly monitoring survey.
What are the parts of NIPUN Bharat Mission?
Nipun Bharat Yojana has been divided into 17 parts by the government. This part is something like this.
- Understanding Basic Language and Literacy
- Basic Numeracy and Maths Skills
- Shifting to Competency Based Education
- Education and Learning: A focus on children’s potential and development
- learning assessment
- Teaching-learning Process: Role of Teacher
- preparing for school
- National Mission: Aspects and Approaches
- mission strategic scheme
- Role of various stakeholders in mission implementation
- Academic literature through SCERT and DIET
- DIKSHA/NDEAR: Leveraging: A Repository of Digital Resources
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
- mission stability
- Need for Research, Evaluation and Documentation
Nipun Bharat Mission: Need for Basic Language and Literacy
- To lay a solid foundation for language, literacy, and mathematics skills in the early years so that children can later seek greater education.
- Students’ brain development is greatly influenced by their early literacy development.
- The Mathura Pilot Study revealed that pupils could read comprehension after receiving a core education in language and literacy.
- By the age of 6, 85% of a child’s brain is formed, making it crucial to start teaching them the fundamentals of language and reading at a young age.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Elementary Language and Literacy
Speaking, listening, reading, and writing are only few of the components of language. A human can communicate and understand the world through language. It is crucial that the pupils have a basic knowledge of the language. It’s crucial to comprehend the next section in order to grasp the language.
- Capacity for reading and writing
- The idea of writing in class;
- The development of writing abilities through emergent writing, conventional writing, and writing composition over the early school era
Nipun Bharat Mission: Key Components of Basic Language and Literacy
- oral language development
- reading comprehension
- concept about print
- Awareness through Dhavani
- reading effect
- reading culture
Important steps to enhance language and literacy development
- Creating a Print Enrichment Environment
- read aloud
- listening, telling and writing stories and poems
- Song and Rhymes
- experience sharing
- drama and role play
- picture reading
- share trading
- using classroom walls
- experiential writing
- mid day meal
Nipun Bharat Mission: Basic Numeracy and Maths Skills
The capacity to reason and use mathematical principles to solve difficulties in daily life is referred to as basic numeracy and mathematics skills. When students acquire the following abilities, their number sense and spatial awareness grow. Understanding of amounts; ability to comprehend less or more; comprehension of smaller or bigger; capacity to form relationships between a single thing and a set of objects; ability to use copies to represent quantities; ability to compare numbers, etc.
Elementary math skills required
- To develop logical thinking and reasoning in daily life
- Use of numbers and spatial understanding in daily life
- The importance of mathematical foundations during the early years
- Contribution of basic numeracy in employment and at household level
Major Components of Elementary Mathematics
- free number concepts
- number and operation on number
- shape and spatial understanding
- data retention
- mathematical communication
Pedagogical process to enhance basic mathematical skills
- collaborative learning
- understanding children’s mistakes
- enjoy maths
- communicating mathematically
- linking maths with other subjects
- Integrating maths with daily life etc.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Shifting to Competency Based Education
The statement defining knowledge, skills, and attitudes is competency-based learning. The student discovers how the skills they learned can help them at the conclusion of a certain assignment, class, course, or programme. Competencies may be developed by combining information, skills, attitudes, and values that help students grow. These fundamental skills may be learned through competency-based education, and their acquisition can be quantified.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Features of Competency Based Education
- Children will have unique experiences thanks to competency-based education.
- Learning outcomes that are specific and measurable can be attained through competency-based education.
- In competency-based education, it is identified where the learner is having trouble learning through formative assessment.
- Competency-based education can also help students enhance their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Key Aspects and Components of the Education and Learning Process
• learning environment
• schemening in advance
• Methodology for adopting age and developmentally appropriate educational practices
• Suggestions for the Achievement of Learning Families Pedagogical Process
• academic practice
• schemening activities
• enabling environment provided by the teachers
• various learning facilities
Nipun Bharat Mission: Learning Assessment
During assessment, data about children is gathered from any source that could be relevant. Including the information, skills, attitudes, talents, and beliefs of youngsters. The purpose of this material is to improve the children’ capacity for learning. Teachers can better grasp children’s personalities through evaluation. Instructors learn how to increase the students’ capacity for learning. Also, via learning assessment, it is possible to determine which disciplines the children excel in as well as details about their talents.
Role of Teacher in Teaching Learning Process
The influence of teachers on students’ lives is crucial. The teachers provide the youngsters a good education in order to create their future. In light of this, the new education policy also places a strong emphasis on the role of teachers. The teachers have proposed a variety of measures to bring about changes in their character so that he may better comprehend the children. In addition to this, the new education strategy describes a wide variety of technologies. It would enable teachers to comprehend the students and provide them a better education. Teachers inspire children, and they also provide them direction.
Capacity Building of Teachers
- Through counseling in the early years
- through elementary arithmetic
- Through the Society of Basic Learners
- through early language and literacy
- through assessment in the early years
- Promoting the role of parents and community in foundational literacy and numeracy etc.
- Identifying children with special needs in the early years
Nipun Bharat Mission: Aspects and Approaches
By 2026–2027, students up to class III will receive universal basic literacy and numeracy education, according to the National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy in order for children to achieve grade-level proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics. This scheme will be run on a state-by-state basis. All children between the ages of 3 and 9 will get basic reading and numeracy education through the third grade under this initiative. To ensure that every child receives the greatest education possible, a good atmosphere will be created for them. The National Education Policy will be used to guide the operation of this objective.
Administrative Role of Nipun Bharat Mission
- This programme will be managed at the state level by the Department of School Education and Literacy and the Ministry of Education. Under the National Mission, a variety of tasks will be completed, including developing the mission’s strategy document, creating a framework, creating a learning matrix, identifying learning gaps, boosting teacher capacity, etc.
- Under this scheme, the Department of School Education will run State Mission. which one will have a state steering committee. The secretary will serve as the chair of this committee. This committee will approve the procedure for putting this programme into action at the state level.
- A District Steering Committee will be formed to oversee the implementation of this scheme. It will be led by the Deputy Commissioner or District Magistrate. The CEO, Zilla Parishad, District Education Officer, District Health Officer, Panchayati Raj Social Welfare Officer, and others will be members of this body. A strategy for implementing this programme at the district level will be developed by the District Steering Committee.
Block/Cluster Level Mission :
- Completed scheme will also be used at the block and cluster levels. The Block Education Officer and Block Resource Person will oversee and assist this programme. In addition, the Block Officer will keep an eye on the scheme’s progress.
School Management Committee and Community Participation
The School Management Committee and Community Participation are the last levels of administrative administration for putting the finished scheme into action. The scheme will be put into action through raising awareness in the local community and schools for the benefit of the children’s parents, the school’s administration as a whole, and education.
Who are the Stakeholders of NIPUN Bharat Mission Scheme?
- States and Union Territories
- National Council of Educational Research and Training
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- State Council of Educational Research and Training
- District Institute Of Education And Training
- District Education Officer and Block Education Officer
- Block Resource Center and Cluster Resource Center
- head teacher
- Non-government organization
- civil society organizations
- school management committee
- community and parents
- private school
Nipun Bharat Mission: Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
Several objectives will be set at the state level in order to reach NIPUN Bharat’s goal by 2026–2027. The nodal department will monitor the progress of all of these goals. In addition, the state will get financial and technical support under overall education for the execution of this programme. The states and union territories will develop schemes to meet their objectives so that the goal of achieving basic literacy and numeracy by the years 2026–2027 can be met.IT-based resources will be used at the national, state, and district levels to monitor this scheme’s actions. It will also involve field-level child surveillance. Also, this scheme’s recommended monitoring architecture is split into two categories. This includes ongoing monitoring and a yearly monitoring survey.
FAQs of NIPUN Bharat Mission
What is NIPUN Bharat Mission?
NIPUN Bharat Mission is a scheme launched by Education Ministry of India under the National Educational Policy of 2020. It ensures that every child get the fundamental knowledge of numeracy and literacy at the end of grade 3.
What is the full form of NIPUN?
The full form of NIPUN is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy.
What is the aim of FLN Mission?
The basic aim of the national mission of FLN is to enable all children to read and respond with comprehension, independently write with understanding, develop number sense, mathematical thinking, problem solving and reasoning.
What are the benefits of NIPUN Bharat Mission?
Foundational skills will enable to keep children in class thereby reducing the dropouts and improve transition rate from primary to upper primary and secondary stages.
What are basic literacy and numeracy skills?
Basic literacy skills involved in reading, speaking, writing and interpreting his thoughts. Whereas, Basic numeracy skills consist of comprehending fundamental arithmetical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.