| and Track Status | PAN Card Types & Form
PAN Card Apply Online
PAN stands for It is a 10-digit alphanumeric code that is used to identify individuals. The income tax division is in responsible of providing this number to every potential taxpayer in an effort to deter tax evasion. This is made feasible by PAN, a computerised system that tracks every taxpayer’s financial transactions. Tax revenue lost to private tax avoidance exceeds Rs 300 crores. Citizens now have a duty to be aware of the requirements for using the Pan Card and other information relevant to it. This is the reason why we will learn everything about Permanent Account Numbers in this article. Additionally, information on how to download, apply online, and receive all updates until 2022 will also be provided.
PAN, or “Permanent Account Number,” is a alphanumeric code. Taxpayers in the country are identified by PAN. It is a 10-digit alphanumeric code given to Indians, most of whom pay taxes. Every Indian taxpayer has an own ID number thanks to the PAN system. A person’s whole file of tax-related data is kept under a single PAN number. Since it is shared nationally, no two tax-paying organisations may have the same PAN. A PAN Card has your PAN, name, date of birth (DoB), father’s or spouse’s name, and photo in addition to being a PAN number. The card acts as both an ID and a DOB. Since address changes have no effect on your PAN Card, it is permanent.
|PAN CARD APPLY ONLINE|
Generally, it includes the name, father’s name, DOB, 10-character PAN number, picture, and signature of the cardholder. Other than this, we have the following:
- Each character in the PAN number represents a different piece of decoded information, resulting in the 10-digit alphanumeric number. The first three letters are all strictly alphanumeric and contain three alphabetic letters.
- The fourth letter of a taxpayer’s PAN designates the category of taxpayer the business or individual falls under. A – Individuals Association B – Group of Individuals Company C, Firm Fand Businesses G stands for government, H for Hindu Undivided Family, L for local government, and J for Synthetic Judicial Entity. P for Individual Trust Beneficiaries Association.
- The remaining characters are chosen at random, and the fifth letter is the initial letter of the person’s last name.
- Business Permanent Account Number won’t include photos or the father’s names. The DOB is changed to the company’s registration date and the cardholder’s name to the company’s name.
It is an important document for taxpayers since it monitors money intake and outflow. A Permanent Account Number will also maintain track of your tax payments.
- The Income Tax Department of India levies a flat tax of 30% on income and wealth for anybody who is subject to taxation by the government. All tax-eligible individuals and entities, including foreign nationals and corporations established outside of India, must abide by this law.
- You won’t be able to create a bank account, purchase a car, or purchase real estate for more than Rs. 10 lakh.
- Inability to carry out financial and buying procedures if a person is running a business.
PAN Card details are read by an enhanced QR code reader. The applicant is not required to register or log in. The software enables the camera to read data from the QR Code on the PAN Cardholder. The applicant must consent to not using the data improperly when the app scans the QR Code.
Permanent Account Numbers are distributed by the Income Tax Department with the assistance of the district-level authorised PAN agencies UTI ITSL and NSDL. To assist citizens in obtaining PAN Cards, Protean e-Gov Technologies Limited operates TIN-Facilitation Centers and PAN Centers across the nation.
The types of pan cards are:
- PAN (for a government agency)
- An Artificial Juridical Person
- PAN Card for Indian Individuals
- A PAN Card for Indian Companies
- A PAN for People Living Abroad
- PAN for foreign companies
- The Association of Persons
- A Limited Liability Partnership
- Body of Individuals (BOI)
- PAN for Partnership Firm
- PAN for Trust
- PAN for the Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
- PAN for Local Authority.
If you wish to apply for a , you should be aware that the application forms that are required by each of the entities on the list are distinct from one another.
- The Permanent Account Number is a crucial means to establish your identity in various circumstances. Additionally, it is a necessary document to possess in order to complete the processes listed below, including:-
- A Permanent Account Number is required for all financial transactions and is used to track the amount of money coming in and going out, thus taxpayers must have one.
- When you pay income taxes, receive a tax refund, or receive correspondence from the Income Tax Department, it is crucial.
- PAN cards may be used as IDs under various plans or for various purposes.
- A PAN card will record your tax payments.
- You must submit your PAN with your income tax return, or ITR.
- You may connect to utilities like electricity, phone, gas, and the internet with a Permanent Account Number.
- If the TDS you paid exceeded the actual tax you due, you may be eligible for a refund if you link your bank account to your PAN.
- Pan assists in the purchase and sale of real estate valued more than Rs. 10 lakh, including as houses and cars.
- Your PAN number must be provided while registering a business.
- Remittances for bonds, stocks, or insurance policies totaling more than Rs. 50000.
- You must provide your PAN card if you make a financial transaction worth more than Rs. 50000.
- When depositing more than Rs. 50000 in cash in a single day, a valid Pan Card is necessary.
- Life insurance costs that exceed Rs. 5 lakh per fiscal year.
- If the cost of the trip exceeds Rs 25,000, the payment will be subject to tax.
- Transferring funds from a Non-Resident External Account (NRE) to a Non-Resident Ordinary Account (NRO). Since NRE is a tax-free account and NRO is taxable, a Permanent Account Number is required when moving to a taxable account.
- If purchases of jewels and precious metals totalling more than Rs 5 lakh are made.
- Any vehicle other than a two-wheeler can be sold or purchased, including heavy trucks, automobiles, and two-wheelers.
- The pan card can be used when more than Rs 25,000 is paid to a hotel, motel, or restaurant.
- In order to send money outside of India, you need to have a pan card.
Here’s a list of organizations eligible for a Permanent Account Number under Section 139A of the Income Tax Act.
- Any person who has paid tax or is liable to pay tax to the Income Tax Department.
- A company owner with Rs. 5 lakh in yearly sales.
- Karta or family head of every Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
- Any corporation, LLP, AOP/BOI, etc.
- Charity, trust, or organization.
- Any possible future taxpayer who is still a minor must apply for a PAN card.
- All overseas participants in an Indian subsidiary foreign-investment enterprise.
- The applicant must have a current Aadhar
Everyone who pays taxes in India is eligible to receive a PAN card, including individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations, non-residents, Hindu Undivided Families, limited liability partnerships, associations of individuals, trusts, and others.
According to Form 49A or Form 49AA, the applicant must have the following documents:
- Aadhaar: Any photo ID card issued by a central or state government entity, as well as a licence for public sector firearms.
- A bank document issued by the branch where the account holder’s account is kept, on the bank’s letterhead. This document must have the applicant’s photograph certified and the applicant’s bank account number, and it must be validated by the authority granting it.
Indian Bank account statement.
Postpaid cell phone bills (like in Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, etc.)
Bill for electricity and broadband Internet service.
Credit card statements (banks that are from India only).
The gas connection bill
Passbook for the Post Office
Deposit account statement
Passport 10th Certificate
Driving License, Domicile Certificate
Municipal Authority-issued DOB Certificate
Marriage Certificates issued by the Registrar of Marriages
Identity proof, address proof, date of birth, and proof of nationality. An affidavit was issued by the Karta of the HUF.
The Registration Certificate is issued by the Registrar of Companies.
Proof of Identity
Proof of Address
- Go to the official PAN Centre.
- Get a PAN CARD form, fill it out, and attach a photo and relevant documents asked.
- Submit the form and the fees for processing to the PAN Centre.
- Your Permanent Account Number will be sent to you through the mail at your home address.
- Downloading a PAN Card for Indian citizens needs Form 49A.
- Foreign entities must file Form 49AA.
- PAN Card download requires Aadhar and residential address.
- Applicants may get a Permanent Account Number from or websites, or through a mobile app with a few clicks.
There are four options for filling out the PAN Card form online and they are:
- Physical form: First, pick the individual’s category before applying for a Permanent Account Number. Then, fill out the form with precise facts and double-check it before paying the money. Pay the PAN Card cost online and you’ll get a Form 49A or 49AA and a payment receipt through e-mail will be received. Now print and attach two passport-sized photos (the background should be white Sign and attach the required papers. Send it to NSDL’s Income Tax PAN Services Unit at Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune 411016.
- e-KYC: The applicant’s Aadhaar data are acquired for the PAN card application, and the card is mailed to the Aadhaar Card’s residence address.
- e-Sign Approach: This method requires uploading needed papers and a scanned picture. NSDL needs physically attested papers.
- Signature-based: This approach requires uploading papers, photos, and proven supporting documents to NSDL.
- Visit or
- From the homepage, go to the
- Click and select Form 49A (for Indians) or 49AA (for foreigners).
- Fill out the remaining required information, then click “Submit.” Click ““.
- Next, you’ll see your chosen application form.
- Upload documents and click “Submit.”
- Make PAN card payment, get a receipt,
- You’ll get an OTP on your registered mobile number after authenticating your Aadhaar number. Apply using the OTP.
- The acknowledgment will be given in PDF format which is open by the DOB of the applicant and the format must be followed in the password by date then month then a year and no spaces are required.
- Go to NSDL Portal’s main website and select Download e-PAN Card.
- PAN, Aadhar, birthdate, and GSTN are required.
- Now input the Captcha code. Select “Submit” for OTP.
- Choose and click on OTP. Enter the OTP received and click validate.
- Click “Download PDF” after approval.
- The e-PAN card PDF is password-protected.
- The password is the birthdate.
- You have downloaded the card. No fee for an e-PAN Card download.
- Go to and click here for PAN Card services.
- Click on then enter details of PAN, Aadhar, birthdate, and GSTN
- Please enter the captcha code. Review and submit your information.
- Now you’ll get a link on your phone or email.
- You may download the using the OTP. No fee for an e-PAN Card download.
- Visit the websites of
- Click (For PAN granted older than 30 days) on NSDL’s webpage.
- Select PAN Card services then
- Enter PAN, Aadhar, DOB, and GSTN (if applicable).
- Submit and verify OTP.
- After approval, click
- The e-PAN card PDF is password-protected. The DOB is the password. Enter your birthday to see your e-PAN.
- Go to UTIITSL or NSDL’s official website.
- Now, click on and choose either Form 49A (for Indian) or Form 49AA (for foreigner) from the drop-down menu.
- Select ” under “Application Type.”
- On the new page, fill out the PAN card correction form with the correct information.
- Click “Submit” after you have uploaded all of the necessary documents.
- Send it to the Income Tax PAN Service Unit of NSDL.
- Log into your bank’s online app using your user ID and password.
- Select PAN registration, Service requests, or Service. Choose the best.
- Update or connect your PAN.
- Enter your PAN and other data.
- After following the steps above, your PAN and bank account should be linked within 7 working days.
- Visit official website.
- On the Homepage Click
- Under choose from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out all the required fields with the correct information, upload all required documents, and click “Submit.”
- Use the payment gateways given to pay the required fees.
- Once the duplicate process is complete, you will receive a card at your residential address within 7 days.
- Income Tax Department Call Center 0124-2438000, 18001801961
- NSDL Call Center 02027218080, (022) 2499 4200
- UTIITSL Portal Call Center 022-67931300, +91(33) 40802999, Mumbai Fax: (022) 67931399
- PAN Card Tollfree Number 18001801961 1800 222 990 NSDL Tollfree