Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Apply Online, Registration Process, Application Form PDF Download, Benefits and Features, Eligibility, Documents Required, How to Apply Jan Arogya Yojana, PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Registration Online, official website, Helpline Number
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, also known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana, is a flagship scheme of Government of India to provide a health cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to poor and vulnerable families of India. PM-JAY is the largest health assurance scheme in the world which is meant for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization expenses. In this article, all the information related with Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana such as features, benefits, how to apply and check the name in the list etc will be provided.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
On September 23, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a health insurance scheme, Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) with an aim to provide a health cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family to poor and vulnerable families of India that form the 40% of the Indian population. PMJAY has been launched for the bottom 40% of poor and vulnerable population of India. The families included are based on deprivation and occupational criteria of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 for rural and urban areas. It also includes those families that were covered in Rashtriya Swasthya bima Yojana (RSBY). Under this scheme, over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families will be benefited. It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
Name of the Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
23 September 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Rs. 8,088 crore
Poor and vulnerable families
To provide health insurance of Rs. 5 lakh
Features of PMJAY: Ayushman Bharat Yojana
1. PMJAY is the world’s largest health insurance/assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
2. It provides a health cover of Rs. 50 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across private and public empanelled hospitals in India.
3. It provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the hospital.
4. It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses.
5. Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families are eligible for these benefits.
6. It envisions to help mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical treatment which pushes nearly 6 crore Indians into poverty each year.
7. There is no restriction on family size, age or gender.
8. It covers all pre-existing conditions from day one.
9. Any beneficiary can visit any empanelled public or private hospital in India to avail cashless treatment.
10. Reimbursed for the healthcare services in public hospitals are available at par with the private hospitals.
What is covered under PMJAY?
All expenses incurred on the following components of the treatment are covered under PMJAY:
1. Medical examination, treatment and consultation
3. Medicine and medical consumables
4. Non-intensive and intensive care services
5. Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
6. Medical implantation services
7. Accommodation benefits
8. Food services
9. Complications arising during treatment
Financing of PMJAY- Ayushman Bharat Yojana
PMJAY is completely funded by the Government and costs are shared between Central and State Governments. For states (other than North-Eastern States and three Himalayan States) and Union Territories with legislature, the existing share is in the ration of 60:40. For North-Eastern States and three Himalayan States (viz. Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand), the ratio is 90:10. For Union Territories without legislatures, the Central Government may provide up to 100% on a case-to-case basis.
Who are the beneficiaries of PMJAY/Who are eligible to apply for PMJAY?
1. Rural Beneficiaries
PMJAY covered all those families who belongs to any one of the following six deprivation criteria and automatic inclusion criteria:
D1 – only one room with kucha walls and kucha roof.
D2 – No adult member between ages 16-59
D3 – Households with no adult male member between ages 16 to 59
D4 – Disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
D5 – SC/ST households
D7 – Landless households deriving a major part of their income from manual casual labour
2. Urban Beneficiaries
The following 11 occupational categories of workers are eligible:
Street vendor/Cobbler/Hawker/other service provider working on streets
Construction worker/Plumber/Mason/Labour/Painter/Welder/Security guard/Coolie and other head-load worker
Home-based worker/Artisan/Handicraft worker/Tailor
Transport worker/Driver/Conductor/Helper to drivers and conductors/Cart puller/Rickshaw puller
Shop worker/Assistant/Peon in small establishment/Helper/Delivery assistant/Attendant/Waiter
Documents required to apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana
How to register for PMJAY online?
The following steps have to be followed to register for PMJAY online:
Visit the official website of PMJAY
From the Home Page, click on Am I Eligible
Then enter Mobile Number, Captcha and click on Generate OTP
Then enter the State you belong and your name, ration card number, household number
Your name will be displayed if your family is covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
How to check name in Ayushman Bharat Yojana List 2022?
There are two methods to check our name in PMJAY beneficiary list.
1. Online Method: Visit the official online site of National Health Authority for Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
2. Common Services Centres (CSC): Any beneficiary of Ayushman Bharat Yojana can be nearest CSC to check their name in the list.
List of critical diseases covered under PM Jan Arogya Yojana
The critical diseases that are covered under PM Jan Arogya Yojana are mentioned below:
Carotid angioplasty with stent
Coronary artery bypass grafting
Skull base surgery
Pulmonary valve surgery
Double valve replacement surgery
Anterior spine fixation