Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana | Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Bank Account |PM Jan Dhan Account Eligibility |Jan Dhan Yojana Bank details | Jand dhan Yojana Benefits
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is a financial inclusion program launched by Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on 28th August 2014. It aims to expand affordable access to financial services such as bank accounts, fixed deposits, remittances, loans, insurance, and pensions to all the citizens of India. This scheme is run by the Department of Financial Services (Ministry of Finance) and 15 million bank accounts were opened on the inauguration day of the scheme.
Who Can Open the Jan Dhan Account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
Any individual who is a citizen of India whose age is 10 years or above can open his or her Jan Dhan Account in any Public Sector Bank, Private Sector Bank, or Post Office. On opening the account, the beneficiary gets a life cover of Rs. 30,000 and accidental insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh (enhanced to Rs. 2 lakh to new PMJDY accounts opened after 28 August 2018).
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The following benefits are provided to the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana:
1. Any citizen of India whose age is 10 years or above can open his/her bank account in any Public Sector Bank, Private Sector Bank, or Post Office.
2. The accounts can be opened with zero balance.
3. There is no requirement of any minimum balance to maintain the account.
3. Life insurance of Rs. 30,000 will be payable on the death of the life assured, due to any reason, to the deceased’s family.
4. Accident Insurance Cover of Rs. 1 lakh is available (enhanced to Rs. 2 lakh to new PMJDY accounts opened after 28 August 2018).
5. RuPay Debit Cars is provided to the PMJDY account holder.
6. An overdraft facility up to Rs. 10,000 to eligible account holders is available.
7. PMJDY accounts are eligible for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Bank (MUDRA) scheme.
Total Number of Accounts opened in PM Jan Dhan Yojana till now
As of now, a total number of 44.44 crore accounts have been opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
List of Banks authorized to open Accounts in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Jan Dhan Accounts can be opened at all the Public Sector Banks and Private Sector Banks.
Public Sector Banks:
Bank Of Baroda (BoB)
Bank Of India (BOI)
Bank Of Maharashtra
Bhartiya Mahila Bank
Central Bank Of India
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Punjab National Bank (PNB)
Punjab & Sind Bank
State Bank of India (SBI) and all its 5 affiliated banks – State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore
Union Bank of India
Private Sector Banks:
Axis Bank Ltd.
Dhanalaxmi Bank Ltd.
Federal Bank Ltd.
HDFC Bank Ltd.
ICICI Bank Ltd.
IndusInd Bank Ltd.
ING Vysya Bank Ltd.
Karnataka Bank Ltd.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
YES Bank Ltd.
Documents required to open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Accounts
1. Applicant’s Aadhar Card/Identity Card/Driving License/PAN Card.
2. Passport size photo.
3. Address Proof.
4. Mobile Number.
How to Open PM Jan Dhan Account?
1. Visit the nearest Bank under the PMJDY.
2. Get the Application Form to open PM Jan Dhan Account.
3. Fill up all the details mentioned in the Application Form.
4. Attached the entire necessary documents along with the Application Form.
5. Submit the duly filled Application Form to the Bank Official.
How to check the bank balance of PM Jan Dhan Account?
Bank balance opened under the PM Jan Dhan Yojana can be checked through the portal of Public Financial Management System (PFMS) –
- First, visit the official website of (PFMS) – www.pfms.nic.in
- On the Home Page, Click the option Know Your Payment.
- A new page Payment By Account Number will be opened. Here, enter your Bank Name, Account Number, and captcha code.
- Then click Send OTP on Registered Mobile Number. After getting the OTP on your mobile number, the bank balance can be checked.
All the important information related to the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is provided through this article. If you have any query, you can contact the following details:
1. PMJDY Mission Office: Phone: 01123361571/01123748738
2. For Technical/Website related: Phone 01123362782/01123361571
For more details, visit the official website of PMJDY : www.pmjdy.gov.in