Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Online Apply, Prime Minister Matsya Sampada Scheme Registration, PMMSY Application Form Pdf Download, PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Eligibility, Benefits, Loan, pradhan mantri matsya sampada yojana pdf, Funds, Documents, Guidelines, PMMSY subsidy, pradhan mantri matsya sampada yojana launch date, Official website, Helpline Number, How to Apply,
Fisheries and aquaculture are an important source of food, nutrition, employment and income in India. This fisheries sector itself provides livelihood to millions of people associated with fisheries. Forseeing this immense potential in the fisheries, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scheme Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) to promote fisheries (Aquaculture) so that the fish production as well as fish export industry in India is increased. Through this scheme, the employement opportunities as well as the income of the people associated with fisheries will increase and they will be able to improve their lives. Today, in this article, we will share a complete information regarding the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) including its objectives, features and benefits, eligibility, application process, and how to apply, etc.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2023
On 10 September 2020, PM Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) with an aim to promote fisheries in India. The PMMSY is an umbrella scheme to bring about Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of fisheries sectors in India. In the Union Budget, 2019-20, a total estimate of Rs 20,050 crore has been approved for a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to 2024-25. The approved amount will be used to improve the infrastructure, which will increase employment opportunities in the fisheries. PMMSY will be implemented in all states and Union Territories for a period of five (05) years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
The PMMSY Scheme is the biggest scheme in the field of fisheries till now. Under this scheme, many types of facilities like bank loan, insurance etc. will be provided to the farmers doing aquaculture. The fish farmers as well as those the people associated with fisheries will get a boost in their income as well as improve their standard of living.
Under the PMMSY scheme, a loan of Rs 3 lakh is being provided by the government to the people working in the field of fisheries.
Highlights of Pradhanmantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana|
|Who launched it?||PM Narendra Modi|
|When it was launched?||10 September 2020|
|Objective||To promote fisheries in India|
|Beneficiaries||Fishers and fish farmers of India|
|Total amount Sanction||Rs 20050 crore|
|For how many years||5 years (FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25)|
Objective of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
The main objective of starting this Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is to promote fisheries in the country. The following are the aims/objectives of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana:
- Harnessing of fisheries potential in a sustainable, responsible, inclusive and equitable manner.
- Increasing the fish production and productivity.
- Improvement of quality and post harvesting management.
- Doubling the income of fishers and fish farmers.
- To generate employment
- Providing social, physical and economic security to the fishers and fish farmers.
Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The intended beneficiaries under PM Matsya Sampada Yojana are:
- fish farmer
- Fish Workers and Fish Sellers
- Fisheries Development Corporation
- In Self Help Groups (SHGs) / Joint Liability Groups (JLGs)
- fishing area
- fisheries cooperatives
- fishing union
- Entrepreneurs and Private Firms
- Fish Farmer Producer Organizations / Companies (FFPOs / Cs)
- SC/ ST/ Women/ Differently Abled Persons
Benefits/Impact/Outcomesof Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Through this scheme, the impact on the fishing community in India is as follows-
- Through this scheme, the fish production can be increased from 13.75 million metric tonnes in the year 2018-19 to 22million metric tonnes by 2024-25.
- The PMMSY will help in maintaining an average annual growth of about 9 per cent in fish production.
- Under the PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, the contribution of GVA of fisheries sector to Agriculture GVA will be increased from 7.28% in 2018-19 to about 9% by the year 2024-25.
- It will help in increasing fish export earnings from Rs 46,589 crore in the year 2018-19 to about Rs 1 lakh crore by the year 2024-25.
- The productivity in aquaculture will increase from an average of 3 tonnes to about 5 tonnes per hectare.
- Post-harvest losses will be reduced from the reported 20-25 percent to about 10 percent.
- The PMMSY will geneate of about 15 lakhs direct employment opportunities and thrice the number as indirect employment opportunities.
- This scheme will help in increasing the domestic fish consumption from about 5 kg to about 12 kg per capita.
Budget for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The Union Budget, 2019-20 has already sanctionced a huge amount of Rs 20,050 crore for the implementation of this PM Matsya Sampada Yojana for a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
Funding Pattern of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
PMMSY will be implemented with the following funding pattern:
Central Sector Scheme (CSS)
- The Central government will borne the entire project/unit cost (100% central funding).
- Whenever direct beneficiary oriented ie individual/group activities are undertaken by the entities of central government including NFDB, the centrl assistance will be up to 40% of the unit/project cost for General Category and 60% for SC/ST/Women category.
Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS)
Here, the entire project/unit cost will be shared between Centre and State in the following manner:
- North eastern & Himalayan States: 90% (Central) and 10% (State).
- Other States: 60% (Central) and 40% (States).
- Union territories: 100% Central Share.
Eligibility for Prime Minister Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen of India.
- All fishermen and farmers of the country can apply under this scheme.
- People suffering from natural disasters will be provided benefits under this scheme.
Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Aadhaar Card
- fishing card
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number\
- Bank Account Details
- Cast Certificate of the applicant.
How to apply PM Matsya Sampada Yojana online?
To apply online in Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, you have to follow the steps provided below:
- First of all, you have to go to its official website https://pmmsy.dof.gov.in/.
- On the home page, click on the option of PMMSY in the Scheme section.
- After this you have to click on the option of Booklet Of PM Matsya Sampda Yojana.
- Now the application form of the scheme will open in front of you, in which after entering all the information asked, upload the document and click on submit.
- In this way the process of online application of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana will be completed.
Prime Minister Matsya Sampada Yojana Helpline Number
If you want to get any kind of information related to Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana or you are facing any kind of problem in the application, then you can contact on helpline toll free number 1800-425-1660.
FAQs about Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
What is Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is an umbrella scheme launched by Central government to bring about Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of fisheries sectors in India.
When did Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana launch?
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana was launched on 10 September 2020.
Who launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
PM Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
Who are eligible to apply for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
Fishers and fish farmers in India are eligible to apply for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
What are the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
The benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana are: doubling the income of fishers and fish farmers; generating employment, increasing fish production.