Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana Apply Online | Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana Online Application | How to fill the registration form | Eligibility, Benefits
Every individual has a fundamental right to education. The government runs a variety of schememes to give citizens in the nation access to education. The Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme is one such initiative the Central Government launched, and we’re going to provide you information about it today. The children and widows of ex-servicemen, ex-coast guard personnel, ex-police personnel, and ex-railway personnel who were martyred during terrorist and naxalite attacks are given scholarships through this scheme. Through this article, we will provide you all the relevant information, including the objective, advantages, features, eligibility, key paperwork, application procedure, etc. of Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme. So, please read this article through to the end if you want to benefit from the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2022
The Central Government launched this scheme. The Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojanawill offer scholarships to the children and widows of police officers, Assam Rifles, RPF members, and RPSF members who died in the line of duty or as a result of a terrorist or Naxalite attack. Through this schememe, scholarships of Rs 2000- to Rs 3000-will be offered. A minimum grade point average of 60% in class 12 is required for students to qualify for this scheme. This scheme is not available to students who are studying abroad. Only students enrolled in accredited institutions of higher learning are eligible for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme’s benefits. Through the National Scholarship Portal, any citizen who wants to take advantage of this scheme can apply.
Objective of Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
The Pradhanmantri Scholarship Scheme 2022’s primary goal is to offer financial aid to the children and widows of police officers, Assam Rifles, RPF, and RPSF members who perished in terrorist attacks, Naxalite attacks, or while performing their duties. Scholarships will be offered through this scheme to children of handicapped police officers, Assam Rifles, RPF, and RPSF members. Every youngster in the nation will now be able to receive an education. In addition, this scheme will work well to raise the country’s literacy rate and lower the unemployment rate.
Key Points of Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2022
|Scheme Name||prime minister scholarship scheme|
|who started||Central government|
|beneficiary||citizens of the country|
Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana schedule
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs Schedule
|Online Application Filling Date||1st September 2022 to 15th October 2022|
|Date of Scrutiny, Verification and Confirmation of Application by College Institution and University||16 October 2022 to 31 October 2022|
|Date of verification and confirmation by CAPFs, AR and State Govt.||1 November 2022 to 15 November 2022|
|Merit list preparation and lot generation face||16 November 2022 to 25 November 2022|
|Processing for sanction of scholarship by R&W Directorate of PMO, MHA||26 November 2022 to 5 December 2022|
|Payment File Generation||6 December 2022 to 15 December 2022|
|payment of scholarship amount||16 December 2022 to 31 December 2022|
|Dispatch of personal letters on behalf of Hon’ble Prime Minister||15 January 2022|
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways
|Online Application Filling Date||30 September 2022|
|Date of verification and confirmation of application by college institution and university||10 October 2022|
|Scrutiny/verification and confirmation of applications for sanction of scholarship by Security Department/Ministry of Railways, consolidation/preparation and processing of merit list||20 October 2022|
|Bank Account Verification by PFMS||30 October 2022|
|Scholarship Approval Process by Security Department, Ministry of Railways||10 November 2022|
|payment of scholarship amount||15 December 2022|
|Dispatch of personal letters on behalf of Hon’ble Prime Minister||15 December 2022|
Types of Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles- For the children of police officers and Assam Rifles personnel, the Central Government has introduced the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme. Through this scheme, recipients will get a scholarship of between Rs. 2,500 and Rs. 3,000 every month. The award will be given each year. Through this scheme, each girl student will receive Rs 36,000, and each student will receive Rs 30,000. Under this scheme, about 2000 scholarships will be given out each year. Boys will receive 1000 scholarships, while females will receive 1000 scholarships.
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for the children of State/UT policemen martyred in terrorism/Naxal attack – The offspring of all police officers who lost their lives in terrorist or Naxal attacks will get benefits from this scheme. The National Defense Fund will be used in this plan to give the scholarship to the recipients. A scholarship of Rs. 3000 will be awarded to the beneficiary each month if she is a girl student, and a scholarship of Rs. 2500 will be awarded each month if the beneficiary is a student. Through this scheme, approximately 500 scholarships will be awarded, 250 of which will be given to female students and 250 to male students.
- Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana for RPF/RPSF – The scheme debuted on August 15, 2005 to urge the RPF and RPSF’s kids to pursue higher education. Each year, 150 scholarships are awarded through this scheme. 75 scholarships are awarded to female students and 75 to male students out of the total. Under this scheme, male students receive 2000 per month, while female students receive 2250.
Number of scholarship under Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||2000|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Children of State/UT Police Personnel Martyred in Terrorism/Naxal Attack||1000|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF||150|
Eligible courses under Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||All courses in B.E, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, MCA B. Pharma etc. which are recognized by All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, University Grants Commission, National Council for Teacher Education Audi. Those students who are pursuing education outside the country are not eligible to avail the benefits of this scheme. Apart from this, students getting education through distance learning are also not eligible to get the benefit of this scheme.|
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways||First professional degree courses like B E, B Tech, B D S, MB B S, B A, B B A, B C A, M Pharma, B.Sc etc. which are approved by All India Medical Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India Recognized by University Grant Commission etc.|
Scholarship amount under the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||Rs 3000 per month for girl students and Rs 2500 thousand per month for boys. This amount will be given every year.|
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways||Rs 2250 per month for girl students and Rs 2000 per month for boys.|
Duration of Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||5 years (according to the duration of the course)|
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways||5 years (according to the duration of the course)|
Benefits and features of Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
- The Central Government has launched the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme, which will award scholarships to the children and widows of Assam Rifles, RPF, RPSF, and police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty or as a result of a terrorist or naxalite attack.
- In addition, the Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana provides scholarships to the children of handicapped police officers, Assam Rifles, RPF, and RPSF members.
- Through this scheme, scholarships in the amount of 2000 to 3000 will be offered.
- Students must earn at least 60% of the possible points in class 12 in order to qualify for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme.The advantage of this scheme will only be granted to students who are receiving their education through accredited schools, therefore students who are continuing their education overseas will not be eligible.
- Applications must be submitted through the National Scholarship Portal to be eligible for the Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana.
Who will be given the preference for Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana – Order of preference
If the number of applications exceeds the number of student available, the order of priority for scholarship applications will be as follows.
|scholarship||order of precedence|
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||Category A – Wards and widows of CAPF & AR personnel killed in action |
Category B – Wards of CAPF & AR personnel disabled in action.
Category C – Wards and widows of deceased CAPF & AR personnel who died in government service and election.
Category D – CAPFs and ARs who have been disabled during any government service.
Category E– Children of Ex-CAPFs and AR personnel who are recipients of Gallantry Awards.
Category F – Children of ex-CAPFs and AR personnel.
Category G – Children of serving CAPFs & AR personnel subject to availability of scholarship.
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways||Category I– Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died while protecting railway property, passengers and passenger area in encounter with terrorists or criminals or during election duty. |
Category II – Wards and widows of RPF/RPSF personnel who died while in service.
Category III – Wards of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel
Category IV – Children of serving RPF/RPSF personnel.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||The beneficiaries of this schememe are the dependent children of State Police Force officers who perished in terrorist or Naxal attacks. The candidate may only take advantage of this scheme’s benefits if it is their first time enrolling in a professional degree. A minimum of 60% in the 12th grade, a diploma, or the equivalent of a graduate degree is required. For renewal, a student must earn a minimum of 50% in each academic year. Only in cases where the candidate has been tardy in submitting their request to renew their scholarship will they be given a one-year relaxation period (FB).|
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways||The candidate must be an Indian citizen who has been granted permanent residency. It is a requirement that the candidate be an RPF/RPSF ward. Only students who have enrolled in the regular course are eligible to receive the benefits of the scheme. The student must earn at least 60% of the possible points in their 12th grade course, diploma, graduate scheme, etc. The benefits of this schememe are only available to a family’s first two children. This scheme’s benefits cannot be used to further one’s education abroad.|
Minimum Educational Qualification under Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
|Professional Course/Technical Course||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|MBBS and other medical courses of graduation level||12th grade|
|BE, B.Tech||12th Class/Diploma|
|BBA, BCA, BSC etc||12th grade|
|MBA, BEd, LLB, MCA||Graduation|
|BALLB, bba.llb||12th grade|
Application under Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
- Starting with the 2017–18 school year, applicants for the Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana will submit their applications through the National Scholarship Portal.
- Each year, the deadline for applications is September 30.
- The nodal department will compile a list of all eligible beneficiaries by October 20.
- A mobile number must be entered in order to register on the National Scholarship Portal, and two people can register using the same mobile number.
Important documents for applying under the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||Service Certificate (if applicable), |
Certificate of Gallantry Award
Certificate issued by the State Government
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railways||Service Certificate |
Bank Account Details
Passport Size Photograph
List of courses under Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
- Medical courses
- Engineering courses
- Integrated Degree Courses
- Management courses
- Other Professional Courses
Payment Process for Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
- The Public Finance Management System will be used to disburse the benefit amount under this plan, and it is a requirement for receiving the scholarship money that the student’s account be seeded with an Aadhaar number.
- Students can check their application status and scholarship receipt using a system-generated registration number. Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana applications will be accepted through the National Scholarship Portal.
- The scholarship will not be given to the student if any of the information they submitted is determined to be incorrect. In this case, the awarded scholarship will also be recovered, and future scholarship applications won’t be considered either.
- If a student accidentally enters the incorrect account information, they will be given the option to amend their bank account information once in this case.
Which Students are excluded from Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme?
- Students who are receiving their education overseas will not be eligible for the Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana benefits.
- The scholarship amount will not be awarded to the student if they change the college where the course will be taught and apply for fresh admission.
- Scholarships won’t be awarded to students attending schools that aren’t recognised by the UGC, Medical Council of India, AICTE, etc.
- Even for diploma courses in which no degree will be conferred, the advantage of the scholarship scheme cannot be used.
- If a student is already receiving the benefit of another scholarship scheme, this scheme’s benefits will not be given in that case.
- This scheme will not be available to students enrolled in professional courses via correspondence or distance learning.
Some important instructions for Pradhanmantri Scholarship Yojana
- It will be the applicant’s exclusive obligation to make sure that they are qualified to apply and meet all eligibility requirements for the award. The scholarship will be revoked in the event that it is discovered through the verification that the student is not qualified to benefit from this scheme. The ineligible student will also face disciplinary punishment. Additionally, for a five-year period, he or she will be prohibited from receiving scholarships funded by the Central Government.
- The application will be rejected if the student fails to complete all required fields on the application form or fails to upload all required supporting documentation.
- The pupil must carefully enter all the information. No form changes will be accepted in the event of an error.
- The student must supply both his email address and mobile number.
Procedure to apply under Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
- First, visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
- On the home page, click on the option of New Registration.
- Now a new page will open in front of you.
- On the new page, read all the information given on this page carefully.
- After this, tick the declarations.
- Now, click on the option of Continue.
- On the new page opened, enter all the asked information.
- Now, click on the option of register.
- Then, login.
- After logging in, click on the application form icon.
- Now the application form will open.
- You will have to enter all the important information like your name, date of birth, Aadhaar card number, mobile number, email id, annual family income etc. by asking in this form.
- Now, click on the option of Save and Continue.
- After this, upload all the important documents.
- And click on the option of final submission.
- In this way you will be able to apply under the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme.
Scholarship renewal process
- First, visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
- On the homepage, click on the option of New Registration.
- Now a new page will open.
- Then, click on the option of Apply for Renewal.
- Now the login form will open.
- Enter your login credentials in this form and click on login.
- Now, click on the option of renewal.
- After this, the renewal form will open in front of you.
- Here, enter all the important information asked in this form.
- After this, upload all the important documents.
- Now, click on the submit option.
- In this way you will be able to renew the Scholarship.
- Helpline- 0120-6619540
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org