Download | Check Tamil Nadu Land Records | Online | How to Apply Online for View Land Ownership Details
Our government has created several items that have the potential to alter the view of the nation, such as the digitization of the land record. We shall outline the features of the Tamil Nadu online land records for our readers in this article. You may look at your Patta Chitta paperwork, which is land records. To digitize your land records in Tamil Nadu by 2023, you’ll need these crucial papers. This article also includes a step-by-step application process that will make it simple for you to apply for Patta Chitta paperwork in Tamil Nadu.
Since the introduction of the word “digitalization,” the government has done wonders. Digitalization is the practice of turning certain significant documents pertaining to a particular procedure in the nation into digital format. The Patta document is one such document that the Tamil Nadu government has made public. The paper contains the following details:-
- Owner name.
- The number of Patta.
- Survey number and subdivision.
- Name of the respective district, taluk, and village.
- Dimensions or area of the land.
- Tax details.
- Whether the land is a Wetland or Dryland.
The details about land and revenue are displayed to the residents through the Chitta document. Lands are often divided into the following categories:-
- Wetland (nanjai)
- Dryland (punjai)
- Online application for Patta Chitta
- Check Patta Chitta status
- Verify Patta certificate
- Transfer of Patta Chitta
- View register extract
- know application status
- Verify poramboke land
According to the official website of the Tamil Nadu land records, the following papers are necessary if you are applying for Patta Chitta documents:-
- for verification: You have to submit the original sale deed with the photocopy to the tahsildar or the concerned office.
- You have to submit identification to prove that your land belongs to you. You can submit the following documents as proof of possession such as-
· Paid Tax Receipt
· Electricity bill.
- Encumbrance certificate.
- First of all, you have to go to the respective village administration office.
- Now, you have to ask for a name change form.
- After that, you have to fill out this form carefully.
- Now, attach all the required documents like the sale deed, tax receipt, electricity bill, encumbrance certificate, etc.
- After that, you have to submit this form to the same office.
- It would take 30 days for the changes to reflect.
To apply for your Patta Chitta documents via online mode, you can follow the steps given below:-
- First, visit the of Tamil Nadu’s revenue services given here.
- Click on the ‘‘” link given on the homepage.
- On the new webpage, select the following-
· Area type (rural/urban)
- Click on the ‘’Submit’’ button.
- On the next webpage enter the following-
· Survey number
· Sub-division number
- Finally, enter the authentication value
- Click on “submit”
If you are applying for the Patta document online through the official website of land records in Tamilnadu State then you have to give in the fees of Rs 100 online mode.
If you want to check the status of your online Patta document then you have to follow the simple steps which are given below:-
- First, visit the
- On the webpage, enter the “Application ID” and the “Captcha Values’’
- Finally, click on “Get Status”
- The status of your application will be displayed on your screen,
If you want to verify your Patta certificate then you must implement the simple steps:-
- First, visit the
- On the web page, select ’.
- Enter the ‘Reference Number
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
If you want to sell your land or you want to sell your property and transfer the Patta Chitta documents, then you can follow these simple steps:-
- Submit the application to the tahsildar or the respective concerned authorities of your district or your village.
- The applications will be accepted or rejected based on the examination of the concerned authorities and they have the whole right to accept or reject any application.
- First of all, you have to open Google Play Store on your mobile phone
- Now you have to enter patta Chitta Tamilnadu in the search box
- After that, you have to click on the search
- A list of apps will be displayed before you
- You have to click on the first result
- Now you have to click on install
- Patta Chitta mobile app will be downloaded to your mobile phone
- To view it, you have to open the
- From the homepage go to the “View Patta Copy / A-Register Extract” option
- Click the option
- A new page will open where you have to select district, taluka, village
- Enter survey No. and select subdivision number
- Enter the authentication value shown in the image
- Click submit and the document will appear
- To view it, you have to open the
- From the homepage go to the “Know your
- Click on the link and a new page appears
- Enter the application id and captcha value
- Click get status and information will appear
- To do the verification or poramboke land you have to go to the of the Tamil Nadu Government E-services
- Go to the option which is available on the home page of the website.
- A new page will open on the screen where you have to provide the following information like
· Select District,
· Now Select Taluka,
· Select Village
· Enter Survey Number
· Enter Subdivision Number
- Click the “submit” option available next to the columns to view the information about the land
Aspirants who are facing any issue related to getting information with the portal can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Patta called?
Patta (Hindi: पट्टा) is a type of land deed issued by the government to an individual or organization. The term is used in India and certain other parts of South Asia for a small piece of land, granted by the government to an approved cultivator with a land revenue exemption.
What is Patta why it is important?
Land patta is essential for both vacant lands as well as parcels with buildings and structures. It is a primary document affirming a lawful possession of the property. Besides the name of the owner/s, it also includes land details such as the size and the type of the plot – commercial or residential.
How can I check my TN Patta Chitta status?
Visit the official Tamil Nadu government services website. Enter the Reference Number that you received. Click on the ‘Submit’ button. The results of the Patta Chitta verification will be displayed on the page.
Is Patta and Chitta same?
Yes. The Tamil Nadu government merged the Patta and Chitta into one document known as ‘Patta Chitta’ in 2015. Now, the Patta Chitta contains all the relevant details regarding the land.
Will Patta change automatically?
In such cases, if the landowner has obtained the online patta already, the genuineness of the title would have already been verified by the Revenue officials (VAO & ZDT) while issuing the patta in the first instance itself. Hence, in case of the subsequent sale of the same property, automatic mutation shall be invoked.
What is 2C Patta in Tamil Nadu?
The Tree Patta Scheme (also known as 2C Patta) is under implementation in the State for several decades. Under this scheme, the right to use the leaves, fruits, and other usufructs of the trees standing on the Government poramboke lands is granted to adjacent land owners or other persons who can take care of the trees.
What is Patta Chitta’s reference number?
While Viewing the Chitta Extract, a Reference Number is generated by the system. Use this Reference to verify the Chitta Extract. The format of the Reference No is 24/02/002/00003/99999. After giving the Reference Number, A Sample copy of the Chitta / Patta Extract, is displayed, is shown as under.